Attending the right event, conference or exhibition can make a real difference to brand awareness and lead generation, but it must be managed well to deliver results.
Success requires careful planning and an integrated approach: inviting potential prospects or key customers well in advance, pre-event marketing with the event organisers, the management of stand builders and other specialists – and of course, stand manning and making sure that everything runs smoothly on the day.
Then it is all about follow-up: ensuring a prompt response to everyone you have met at the event and ensuring that the sales team have all the information they need. I have managed all this and have ensured successful event sponsorship and participation across a variety of sectors and markets.
Just some of the events where I have managed attendance for clients in the last few years include:
- Biometrics 2009 and 2010
- Government ICT Conference
- Information Security Executive Summit
- Future of Utilities / Smart Utility Forum
- Efficiency and Reform in the Public Sector
- Operational Efficiency in Financial Services
- BBA – Annual International Banking Conference
- NEMEX 2012
- The Energy Event